There are two reasons which can cause reconciliation discrepancies:
- Previously reconciled transactions have been deleted, added, or changed
- Reconciliation adjustments (Journal entries, etc.)
QuickBooks Support helps you to get back the reconciled transactions which have been deleted or changed Deleted transactions affect the opening balance. Several reports in QuickBooks Desktop can help you to identify discrepancies and fix transactions. Reconciliation Discrepancy Report will show the transactions sorted by statement date that was changed since the last reconciliation. So follow the below-provided steps:
- Select Banking from the reports menu, click on Reconciliation Discrepancy.
- Select the appropriate menu and hit the OK button.
- To identify any discrepancies review the report.
- Click on Banking from the menu of Reports, and then select Missing Checks.
- Select the account and click OK.
- Review the reports for transactions that are not matching your bank statement.
Verify the changed or modified transaction in Transaction Detail Report:
- Go to Customer Reports from the Reports menu and select Transaction Details.
- Now choose “Date from” and “Date to” under the Display tab.
- Provide the following info under Filters tab:
- Account = the account being reconciled
- Entered/Last Modified
- Date From = Date of the last reconcile
- Date To = Today
- Hit the OK button to run the report.